If you are in danger:
Your local hotline or
U.S. hotline 800-799-SAFE (7233)
Teen Dating Abuse Helpline:
Bilingual Services Available
Si está en peligro:
Llame al 911
Llamenos al 1-800-269-4668 ó a la linea nacional 1-800-799-7233
Shelters in Arkansas
ACADV Member Login
Click here to become a
member of the
Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Link to VINE
Victim Information &
How to Get an Order of Protection in Arkansas
To contact us, email:
Our Website is currently under construction. If you need more updated information, please contact us.
For volunteer and internship opportunities, click on employment opportunities on the left hand column of this page for more information!
What is the ACADV?
The Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence (ACADV) is a nonprofit organization that has served both rural and urban areas of Arkansas since its inception in 1981. The membership consists of domestic violence service providers and others who demonstrate support for the philosophy, goals and objectives of the ACADV.
- To strengthen the existing support systems serving victims and their children.
- To develop legislation that provides legal protection to victims.
- To promote public policies which meet the needs of victims.
- To pursue funding for programs working with victims and their children.
- To provide training for the public and those working with victims.
The mission of the Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence is to eliminate domestic violence and promote healthy families.
- To promote community awareness to bring about domestic peace.
- To provide a supportive connection and coordination for domestic violence service providers in Arkansas.
- To provide technical assistance, training and education to member programs, lay people and professionals.
- To promote quality services statewide and to expand services so that every victim of domestic violence in Arkansas may obtain needed assistance, i.e. provision of support, advocacy, and a safe environment, while restoring the victim's sense of dignity, power, control, and self advocacy.
- To do any lawful activity necessary to accomplish the foregoing purposes.
Silent Witness Project
The Silent Witness Project was created in 1995 and consists of life-sized plywood silhouettes painted red and black. Each silhouette represents a victim murder by an intimate partner during the most recent year and tells the victim's story on a shield attached to the silhouette.
The Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence Clothesline Awareness Project is a visual display that bears witness to the deadly reality of violence against women. The PowerPoint includes a t-shirt for all known female murder victims dating back to 1989. There are currently over 460 t-shirts in the presentation.
Download the Clothesline Project Slide Show (This file is large)